01 June 2008

Why Airport?

This post should shed some light to all my friends and family to the question "Why I choose Airport as my blog theme?"

Airport as decribed by wikipedia is a facility where aircraft such as airplanes and helicopters can take off and land. An airport minimally consists of one runway or helipad (for helicopters), but other common components are hangars and terminal buildings.

Additionally, an airport may have a variety of facilities and infrastructure, including fixed base operator services, air traffic control, passenger facilities such as restaurants and lounges, and emergency services.

For me it's not just another transportation infrastructure but an airport actually symbolizes love. I believe if you ever take time to spend just a litlle while at any airport arrivals hall, I have a sneaky feeling you would see love actually is all around.

That why when I stressed out by my studies I always go to Frankfurt Aiport. Yeah apart from it is the closes thing to home, I get to see love at its purest condition. Often it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy but it's always there. Fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. No hate. No anger. No prejudice. Just love.

As arrogant as I may have been, I still believe in Love. Maybe my love definition is not the same as you but.. the facts is I still believe in loves. Love motivates me. It plays important role in my life.Since airport symbolizes love, thus airport is also important to me. So it doesn't take a German Engineer to understand my choice of airport where I land, take off or taxi.

General opinion dictates, it would be better for me to fly via SIN instead of via KUL when I go back to my hometown in Johor Bahru from Karlsruhe. But I solemnly know for sure the day I fly via SIN for my summer holiday is the day I stop believing in loves. Why?

Well simply I know, without doubt, I'll be alone at departure gate in SIN whereas via KUL still get to see the love of my family, my mum, my dad, my brother; Hafiz, my sis in laws; Azalina, my sisters; Elmy, Eina, Ezrin and my nephew, Syahmi at JHB and in KUL my lovely girl, Azizah.

So next time any of you see me seating around in an airport, Let it be known I am just there to experience.............. Love.

SIN = Singapore International Airport, Changi
KUL = Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Sepang
JHB = Sultan Ismail International Airport, Johor Bahru

1 comment:

si penulis said...

gile behabuk la blog ni.. hihi!