28 May 2008

Period more than just time

It is not strange when discussing about period some man feel eeeky and some woman thought it should be kept private. One of my friend even said tome that it’s not my time to know. But the fact is I am already 22 years old if 22 is not the time, and so when I was 8, 15, or 18. So when is the right time? Then I decide now is the time at the age of 22.

So what period am I talking about? Jurassic Period, Technology Period, and The Frequency Period or as simple as the period like this two.. ? Of course not! I'm talking about the women period a.k.a menstruation.

As a man first question that pop up in my mind.. What is it looks like? What do women feel when they are having it? How is it that menstruation effect emotion?


It is sexist and damaging to women to claim that menstruation is in any way
'Unclean' it is in fact a healthy process that enhances the health of the womb and an essential part of being a women and a positive part of a women's identity. Women are no more unclean than Men.


So the menses is in anyway is clean. So if the menses are clean why hiding it from man? Or it is just men's ego (ignorance) contribute to this false assumption about woman. For Example Man always jump to conclusion that woman are having their period or PMS when she suddenly easily touched, or easily upset. Another example is one TV shows in Malaysia try to find out how much man know about Menses and its hygiene. The Show asks three men each to find a specific product for women's Pad. The result is none of them got the right one.

So if I at the age of 22 still being denied about the information about Menses, which I don't think at 25 or even at 30 going to do much change. How on earth am I going to prepare myself to encounter woman as my wife or as my daughter when I know practically next to nothing about menstruation apart from it should happened once a month and if not, the woman is pregnant?

To be Continue...in The Period: The Beauty of God's Creation.

No comments: